Sunday, October 09, 2005

Track work in fall weather

After a four-day layoff, I wondered whether I would remember how to run! I was getting crampy calves and felt sluggish, but I headed for the track this morning since it *finally* stopped raining.

It was my first day this fall running in sub-60*F temperatures, so it felt a bit brisk at first until I got warmed up. The first few of the returning Canada geese honked overhead - soon we will be swarming with them for their winter vacation in the Chesapeake Bay.

I did my usual one-mile repeats with quarter-mile walks in between:
  • 10:33
  • 10:23
  • 9:37
I guess I can still remember how to run! Although I did have to work pretty hard (but not full-out) on that last mile, I admit, but they're faster than when I did the same workout two weeks ago (10:52, 10:39, 10:31).

But whoa! It pays to keep records! I didn't realize it at the time, but 9:37 is a one mile PR for me by 9 seconds! Yay! Gosh, if I knew that I would have pushed harder! :-)

I think I may be all ready for that little run I have scheduled for Saturday after all!

3 comments:

MB said...

Damn Nancy! You're getting fast!

Ellie Hamilton said...

See what a little rest can do for you? Now take it easy the rest of the week! If you run you risk spraining your ankle and missing the marathon. Rest will help you and you can't get injured doing it!

:) said...

WOW!