Tuesday, October 04, 2005

October goals

Here's what I'm hoping (and planning) to accomplish for this month. I'm not positive I'll get it all in, with a taper for one marathon and then another happening this month, but here it is:

  • Swim #1: 5 miles (8047 meters).
  • Swim #2: Complete a one-mile time trial in the pool (using only freestyle stroke with bilateral breathing) for a benchmark to work on improving over the winter.
  • Bike: 140 miles.
  • Run and walk in workouts: 90 miles (including 26.2 miles in the marathon).
  • Crunches: 1000.
  • Events: Complete the Baltimore Marathon upright and smiling (as a final long run in preparation for the New York City Marathon in November)
  • Dream goal (optional!): Complete the Baltimore Marathon in under 5:40.

I think that should keep me busy!

6 comments:

tri-mama said...

I have to start laying out goals-I'm going to borrow some of your ideas and tweak them for my training plan. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, that has to be stressful and difficult. She's such a cute little peanut too-that just stinks. Enjoy your taper-I look forward to reading your blog the next couple of days.

IMmike said...

Awesome goals Nancy. You rocked last months goals so I'm sure you'll get there again.

mipper said...

exciting goals! i can't wait to follow you through baltimore. do you feel ready? good luck on the goals (and marathon) this month! (oh, and thanks for the slap ;))

Mica said...

Great post. I especially like the idea of doing a time trial as a benchmark...I may steal that. :)

Phil said...

Those are S.M.A.R.T. :-)

I too like your one mile bench mark. Don't get too discouraged if you cheat a bit - one mile is a lot for bilateral breathing.

Silver Fox said...

I found a company that pays $10 - $50/hr for shopping the classifieds!

Work At Home $10 - $50/hr Easy part/full time work, no boss, no commute, no set hours, paid every 12 days..

I'm making over $500 a day with this company and will be happy to help you do the same.

Hurry postions are filling fast!