Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Still sore

Three mile walk down the trail and to the park and back, and I'm STILL sore! Still the bruised instep, outside of my knees, and some crankiness in my quads.

I'm old and decrepit! I'm not going to do any serious runs or do my usual workout plan (right column) until I'm not a hurting puppy.

Here is part of my desperate teeth-gritted sprint for the finish line. At least it does look like I'm running - most of my race photos look like I'm walking, even when I'm not.

Here are the rest of them. It looks like I have gel drooled out from my flask and down my shirt in some of them, but I didn't, honest!

5 comments:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Great picture!

Unknown said...

It is tough to get over the soreness, that is for sure. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I wish I could send you my massage therapist. I just had an awesome sesson with her yesterday.

Have you tried alternating cold and hot a few times, and maybe some epsom salts?

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Born To Endure said...

You have nice running form Nancy!!

Nancy Toby said...

I know heel-striking is unfashionable these days, but I'll be a holdout... :-)