Saturday, October 15, 2005

Back from Baltimore!

Thanks so much for the good wishes, everyone!!! I just got back from slogging through the streets of Baltimore!

It was a very hilly course, full sun and 74*F - so I was a bit slower than I had hoped. 5:59:59 watch time after I had crossed the finish line - exactly the same as the Chicago Marathon a year ago!

Except I have to put an asterisk by the time in my records - the police changed the course in progress and made us cut the course by about a block in an out-and-back between miles 20 and 21. It probably gave me 2 to 3 minutes - which I might have been able to make up in order to get in under 6:00, but I'll never really know! Grrr! And they said the course would be open 7 hours.

Long race report to follow, some time soon. But Marathon Number Seven is in the books, and I lived to tell the tale!

11 comments:

Recovering Alumni said...

Allow me to be the first to say "Woohoo!" You just went about 23 more miles than I can imagine going! Great job.

Ellie Hamilton said...

And I'll be the second...
WOOHOOOOO!!!

We love ya!

Comm's said...

you finished standing which is great. Those last minute changes so far in the course probably messed up a lot of people in the head that were trying to make their individual cut offs. Good for you Nancy for finishing #7.

UltraMamaC said...

WTG, Nancy! I was thinking about you & checking weather right about the time you were finishing up! Can't wait to hear full RR. Now eat and rest!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good job! You finished, you're satisfied and that's what counts. Anything else is gravy. We do this to be fit and have fun!

Looking forward to all the details!

Danny said...

somehow I missed that you were running Baltimore. (Of course I know you're coming to NYC!)

awesome! congratulations on lucky number 7!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Great job Nancy. Wooohoooooooooo!

Anonymous said...

yayyyyyyyyy! Congratulations!!! I can't wait for the race report! :-D

:) said...

Awesome, Nancy. I am proud of you and finishing 7 marathons is nothing to sneeze at!

WOW!

MB said...

Great job! See you in New York!

jeanne said...

Great job!! I can't believe you are doing NYC in two weeks!! Good for you!