This month I'm adding a weight loss goal for the first time. I don't like specifying it in pounds, because that's not something that's directly under my control - only what I put in my mouth is under my control, and how my body (and the scale) responds is up to physiology. However, for the sake of simplicity in this blog I'll just call it a conservative number. Mostly this is a reminder to myself that I need to pay strict, particular attention to changing my body composition during these times when training volume is light. Or, to put it another way, I'm going to pay attention now to creating good eating habits in the off-season.
* Swim: 4000 meters.
* Bike: 50 miles.
* Run and walk: 40 miles (including 26.2 miles in the marathon).
* Crunches: 1000.
* Weight loss: 4.0 pounds.
- November 6: Complete the New York City Marathon upright and smiling. No specific time goal. My pace plan is to finish under 6 hours, but if I don't, that's fine.
- November 6: Hope that my husband gets me signed up for Ironman Florida in November 2006.
- November 11-20: Take a nine-day vacation trip with my two girls in a motorhome.
- November 21: Launch a 50-week training program for Ironman Florida.