Friday, October 28, 2005

The Reveal

Here's our utility room in late summer:

Here it is now, from practically the same view, with practically the exact same items stored in it:


I think I might put some type of screen in front of the ugly hot water heater, and buy a new 24" stool to use instead of that chair, but otherwise, I love it!


This is the opposite view, with the four big slide-out bins that we got for sorting and storing recycling items. We have a big recycling deposit center about 200 yards from our house, next to the local high school, so we really have no excuse not to be good recyclers!

The whole room is about 7 feet by 13 feet, but now it holds about 2 or 3 times the stuff in a much neater way. I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

10 comments:

Oldman said...

hard to believe it's the same room~! congrats on a great job. now i have some cabinets for my landry room if you would like to spend a week in Florida! warm pool great sunshine, 2 miles to the beach.....outlets 2 miles the other way!

Jeremy said...

How much would you charge to come and organize my computer / hobby room for me?

:)

Room looks great!

Anonymous said...

Pretty!!! Good job! :-D

Linda said...

Nice work Nancy! Wanna come do mine now???

Born To Endure said...

All I can say is WOW..super nice room...good job!!!

Downhillnut said...

Love the blue & white contrast. I agree with the stool idea - you can slip it under the table better than the chair.

Nice pull-out bins! I think I need something like that for MY recycling...

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks! I think I'm going to buy a little modern brushed-aluminum stool. It makes a nice little workspace in there, with good light - much better than I had anticipated!

Yeah, Catherine and Elisabeth are having fun sliding the bins back and forth... at least the room is safe enough now that I don't worry too much if they get in there! Before it was strictly off limits!

Comm's said...

wow that is a Trading Spaces makeover

Ellie Hamilton said...

Whoa! How did I miss this when you posted it? What a transformation! I LOVE it!!!

*jeanne* said...

FABULOUS, Nancy! :-)