Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's a small world after all....

Remember how I guessed that there's probably fewer than 15,000 women or so worldwide who complete Ironman events each year? And how I admired and was inspired by women in my age group like Vicki Merry who completed Ironman Florida last year?

Coincidentally, I just saw her name on a post from the Disney Deads email list that I joined when I signed up for the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World in January. Needless to say, I wrote her right away and got back a very kind and positive reply! Isn't that cool? Thanks, Vicki! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you in January!

VMI hope to use her as a resource in seeing if I can really do this Ironman Florida thing in a year. I need all the resources I can get! And if she can get to that finish line despite all the challenges she encountered along the way, maybe, just maybe . . . so can I!!!

Here is Vicki Merry's finishing photo (in the Team in Training singlet), where she is in a much happier place on the course than the midpoint of the swim. :-)

No comments: