Thursday, October 27, 2005

lost

My previous post just disappeared. The comments on it remain. Crap.

That's just bizarre. I posted it at 5:49, edited it a couple times, and then went to watch TV. It was up long enough for Dawn to comment on it at about 10:30. Then at 11:00 when I was done watching Without A Trace it was gone. *poof* I did NOT delete it - I wasn't even near my computer at the time. No, I don't have a backup copy.

I guess the moral to the story is to write and save everything offline. How extremely annoying!!

9 comments:

Recovering Alumni said...

Darn! That was a good post!

Hollyfish said...

THat's happened to me a couple times too. I HATE that!! Hope everything is going ok...I'm totally inspired by your 50 week planning project...going to take pen to paper this weekend and see how far I get... thanks!

Phil said...

Hey, I don't know if you knew this, but in the Blogger Dashboard, under "Settings", "Email" There is a box called, "BlogSend Address" you type in your email and it will email you a copy of your postings when you submit them. This way you can have a local archive on your email (in case this very thing happens again).

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks - good idea! Yes, I hadn't set that up. Gack.

I wrote Blogger, but no answer, of course. It makes me sound like a complete computer moron - but it really did just disappear when I was away from the computer. GRR!

Ellie Hamilton said...

Maybe they should make it an episode of "Without a Trace."

I missed the whole post, not being able to check out all the folks I want to the last few days due to crappy connection signals. Everyone says it was such a great post. Can you remember most of it and re-post a fair imitation?

Downhillnut said...

Phooey, and I missed it :P

Lisa said...

Strange that it would just disappear like that. Now I'm intrigued, and want to read it! :)

Oldman said...

can't read it but i'm sure it was a great post!

jeanne said...

sucky!! I have blogspot set to e-mail me my own posts, which it does only after i hit publish. That is REALLY weird.