Sunday, October 16, 2005

In three weeks....

I get to do this all over again! Minus two toenails, I think. Considering there were 36,562 finishers in 2004, I believe that getting the assigned bib number 44100 means that they expect that I'll be pretty close to the last of the finishers. "Corrals are numbered in increments of 1,000. They correspond to race numbers, which are assigned based on previous best times and/or predicted finishing times (fastest to slowest)." They're probably right!

Thank heavens the women's orange start is on the UPPER deck of the Verranzano Narrows bridge, a.k.a. the World's Longest Urinal on race day.

I'd like to feel excited about this. But right now I just feel tired and sore. Maybe I'll feel excited tomorrow.

3 comments:

Comm's said...

I admire you doing back to backs nancy. You certainly have us all beat in the gumption department.

*jeanne* said...

They actually ASSIGN numbers based on finishing time expectations for EVERYONE in the whole race! Jeez...

*acidcucw*

MB said...

uh oh, I don't think I got mine yet.