Thursday, August 11, 2005

Goofy

I'm in for the Goofy medal. The Walt Disney World half marathon on January 7, 2006, followed up by a marathon the following day.

They're calling it "Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge".

The dumb things I'll do for a medal.... who is joining me? I suppose I could sign up for the 5K as well .... but if I do, just shoot me.



One additional note: A great email list for recreational runners who are planning on attending the January, 2006 Walt Disney World races is Team Penguin Disney. They have lots of good pre-race information and will probably organize some encounters at Disneyworld. See you there!

6 comments:

amy said...

Hey Nancy,

De-lurking to say I will see you in Disney. I will be there doing my first half. I just lost 40 lbs and started running this week!

Amy

nancytoby said...

Good for you, Amy!! Hooray!

Shelley said...

That race sounds like so much fun, but with IMCDA and IMFLA in one year, I can't make it...sniff :-((
Can't wait to hear all about it though!!

TxSkatemom said...

I'll have to wait til '07 to do Disney -- with MCM in October, White Rock in December and then a 5-day cruise, I don't think I could pull it off. Can't wait to see the hardware!!

Dawn - Pink Chick said...

Sounds like fun. I think Karen & I are looking at that one for 2007. But not sure we will be "Goofy". Goodluck.

runr53 said...

Nancy, I know that you know there is a reason they used Goofy as the moniker for that, 'cause anyone that would run a half and a full marathon back to back has got to be a little.... I hope we get to hear all the escapades around this one!