Friday, August 12, 2005

More tags

I'm starting to think these are like skin tags. You know those annoying little growths, do you get those? You pull them off and they bleed like hell?

I just found 2 tags today. There may be more out there, but I'll stop reading blogs now to prevent myself from finding more. ;-)





Shelley tagged me with this: "Who inspires you (must be triathlon related people) and why???"
I could answer with some of the celebrity tri-goddesses like Karen Smyers and Natascha Badmann. Or Lance. But to be honest, those people seem far too removed to me - people who have been fit, competitive athletes their entire lives are not people I readily relate myself to very well. They are NOT like me.

The people that truly offer me inspiration in triathlon are those everyday people who take the hand they are dealt, make the best of it with a positive attitude, start fresh every day, go out there and work harder than they ever thought they could, and give it their very best. People who take pride in their accomplishments and keep a sense of humor and perspective, regardless of what the numbers on the clock say or what the other triathletes did that day. People like those who read my blog. People with spirit and determination, like Shelley and Holly and Wil.





Keryn tagged me with the thing Trimama started about her husband on their 15th anniversary. Congratulations, Tricouple! Much like Wil's sweet tribute to her husband she posted recently.

My husband and I met in 1997, got married in 2001 in Maui and had our girls in 2003. We were OLD when we got married - I was 42 and my husband is five years older. So we were kind of set in our ways already when we tied the knot. I'm not quite sure how to answer some of these, since many of our tastes are quite different!

Favorite movie: No one in particular. We enjoy watching a lot of BBC DVDs together - lots of historical costume dramas, Jane Austen, Upstairs Downstairs, that kind of thing. Steve likes old John Wayne movies, again and again. I almost never watch a movie twice, but my all-time fave is Gone With The Wind.

Our Songs: I don't think we have any. Right now our music tends to focus on classics like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Old MacDonald Had a Farm". We picked three for our wedding video - "I Have Dreamed" from the King and I, and I can't remember the other two right now. Like I said, I'm not terribly musical.

Favorite Food: French, Thai, Chinese, Contemporary American - we ate in restaurants a LOT, before the girls came along. Now not so often.

Favorite hobbies together: Going to nice relaxing waterfront destination vacation spots like Maui or the Outer Banks. My husband is a private pilot so sometimes we used to fly fun places like Tangier Island, Martha's Vineyard, and Okracoke. We used to have a sailboat (he's an avid sailor) but while I like visiting the destinations and "camping out", I find actual sailing kind of exhausting.

Most peculiar: You want me to post that publicly on my BLOG!? This isn't THAT kind of blog.

Okay, I'm going to tag *jeanne* and Holly on these. I'd tag The Big Cheese if he were married, since he cracks me up, but he's not married. But maybe that would still be a funny post...

3 comments:

Comm's said...

how inspiring to tag TBC. with his take on things that post would be riot.

tri-mama said...

Quick, how many ways did the host say "Making Whoopee" on the Newlywed Show?

Someone's gotta program a tag flag, I might have been tagged and not even know it-but then would anyone really care anyhow. I'm supposed to come up with what inspires me, right now it's a screwdriver, and not the kind you pound nails with...:)

Meagan said...

It's so wonderful to read what inspires everyone! You should be so proud of yourself and of your accomplishments!!!!