Monday, August 15, 2005

Disney costumes?

Remember those weird friends I mentioned that are planning to do the Disney half marathon as characters from Sleeping Beauty? One of them suggested this costume for me for the half marathon. Malificent.

Um, I just don't see that happening. I think those horns would get kind of annoying after 8 or 9 miles, not to mention the sweaty cape flapping around my legs.

Do we have any other actual GOOD ideas for Disney character costumes out there that I might possibly be able to jog in, and that wouldn't drive me wacko?

I was thinking of something easier like Nemo, but then got concerned about the fish tail thing. And running with a bum fin. And the prospect of ending up as Nemo sushi by the end of the race.

5 comments:

Recovering Alumni said...

How about Pocahantas? Looks like she is wearing a one piece tri suit to me... :)

http://www.planetzot.com/images/Disney/pocahontas/disney_pocahontas_11.jpg

Nancy Toby said...

Hmm. I might need to have an actual waist to be Pocahontas. And carry a raccoon or a paddle around.... not to mention wearing that long black wig.... but I do like the character! :-)

UltraMamaC said...

I'm supposed to be Tinkerbell for Halloween, to go with DinoBoy's Peter Pan. I could send you the costume when I'm done. I don't think the wings would get in the way too much.

Nancy Toby said...

Hmm, Tinkerbell? I've never quite had the Tinkerbell physique.... but thanks for the offer!!

I have to do some serious research on this...

The Big Cheese said...

The Nemo Sushi is funny. How about Peter Pan?