Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Workout Juggle

I knew this would happen if I posted all my workouts! For the next few days I'm going to have to do some major juggling to get them in! But since you all are holding me accountable (thanks!) I feel that I have to explain (i.e., make excuses for) these rearrangements.

Here's what was planned:
Thu 8/11: Swim 1500m
Fri 8/12: Run 14M
Sat 8/13: Bike 120 min, run 5K
Sun 8/14: Run 4M

BUT I didn't go to the pool this morning (had to stay home to get a cracked car windshield replaced), and I'm going to go for a bike ride with Holly instead. And swims work much better on the weekends anyway, when I can go to the outdoor pool. And then there's the time taken up by commuting to the Eastern Shore. I GOTTA get in that long run this weekend - that's the top priority since the fall marathons are getting near. That's the only thing I can't cut out.

Maybe I'll try this rearrangement:
Thu 8/11: Bike 120 min
Fri 8/12: Run 4M
Sat 8/13: Swim 1500, bike 45 min
Sun 8/14: Run 14M

Sound good to you?



Update: Okay, I did 1:40 or so on the Old Blue bike on the rail-trail, which is close enough to 120 min, isn't it? It was getting dark when I got home anyway. That only bought me 15.3 miles, but it *is* the old bike, give it a break.

6 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Looks good to me. Life demands shuffling. Shuffling works well as long as it doesn't become stacking missed workouts to the end of the week.

Is there a reason you dropped the 5K after the 120 minute bike?

Nancy Toby said...

Yeah, just so I wouldn't be running 3 days in a row, and I'd have one day off running before my LSD run. Just swapped it out for an easy bike ride.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Oh, right. Didn't know if it was supposed to be a long brick.

Comm's said...

boy you are on top of this water intake and salt replacement. What buffered pill do you recommend again. e-caps?

Nancy Toby said...

See the links in my previous post on salt: http://nancytoby.blogspot.com/2005/04/salt-replenishment-to-prevent.html

Holly said...

hey, you were on the old bike and with "Slow-Poke" Gannoe. Your pace will vary dramatically!