Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bloglines rocks!

I'm finally getting the hang of this blogging thing, after several months!

Yesterday I put all my regular reads into Bloglines. I used to use the tedious method of clicking through all my blogs listed in the right column to read them. How Stone Age! At Bloglines you can set up your list of blogs and news feeds to read on one clickable page. If you download a little program there, you can also get a notification in your taskbar when new posts are added to any of your regular reads (instead of repeatedly going to the page and finding no change every time). Also you can set it up so you can subscribe to new blogs or newsreads with just a click in your "Favorites" bar.

It took me an hour or two to set up, but after this it should save me considerable browsing time. Actually, if you read a similar list of triathlon-related blogs, you can even download my current list of blogs and news feeds onto your own Bloglines list HERE. Some of these may not interest you, of course, and can easily be deleted from your own list.

There were a couple of blogs that I was unable to locate RSS feeds for, notably the Kuala Lumpur Penguin and Tri-Geek Dreams. Maybe they'll enable them, or let me know where to find the feed so that I can stay tuned in.

I know some of you have been doing this FOREVER, but I just haven't come across this easy way to do it yet, so I thought I'd share!

4 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

What? I didn't make the cut? :-) This looks interesting, might save some time.

Downhillnut said...

It's about time you figured this out. I signed up for bloglines before I even knew what blogs really were. A librarian buddy of mine told me "You need to blog. Go look at Bloglines and you'll see what I mean."

I think I have a feed for the KL Penguins on my list, but it's wierd.

Chris said...

Heh. Subscribing to RSS feeds has *totally* made my blog reading so much easier. :) I don't think I could ever go back to the "old" way of doing it.

The Big Cheese said...

Thanks for this. Anyone have any other RSS Feeds they use?