Friday, August 05, 2005

Good luck!

Here's some good luck vibes getting beamed across the continent to Benton Harbor, Michigan to everyone participating in the Whirlpool Steelhead half-iron distance triathlon, especially Wil and Shelley and Vertical Man!

It's one I'll think about doing in the future, maybe, since my Mom lives very close to there. Except the notion of jumping off a bulkhead into the water scares the bejeesus out of me. NO going back! No do-overs!

And even the name scares me. Whirlpool. I hope the swim doesn't feel like a whirlpool! And Steelhead. That's a fish? That is in those waters you're swimming in, along with you? I don't like the sound of that either! Does it have teeth?

But, um, I'm sure you will all do FINE!!!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Um, thanks??? ;)

Born To Endure said...

Thanks Nancy!!! This race was truly awesome, excellent swim, awesome bike and well for me not soooo good run, but i'm sure "others" loved that too!!!
Off to get my leg x-ray!!!!

Vertical Man said...

A very belated thanks for your good thoughts. They meant a lot and, believe me, I thought about y'all a lot that day.