Monday, August 08, 2005

Posting my workouts

You'll note on the right sidebar that I'm posting my workouts for the current and past week. I'm doing this only to keep myself honest and accountable. You see, I have this teensy little *issue* with actually doing the workouts that I plan for myself. Some people make a schedule and stick to it through thick or thin. I am most definitely NOT one of those people. I can find a million intelligent justifications (also known as "excuses") to rearrange the schedule (also known as "slacking"), postpone workouts (also known as "goofing off"), and otherwise fail to execute the plan correctly as drawn up.

So there it is, for the world to see and critique. Feel free to kick my butt as necessary.

I will interject one teensy bit of explanation about today's workout - I had intended to do the full 1500m swim as planned, but I got messed up in my lap counts and discombobulated when some fast swimmers joined my lane and started circle swimming and passing me like I was a dead fish in the water. It wasn't really an intentional slack-off, I just missed a few warm-down laps. (Hmm, what about that old saying that "explanation is just another word for excuse"?)

1 comment:

:) said...

Good for you! And I will be watching you...