Saturday, August 27, 2005

DVD recommendations?

Thinking ahead, I'm starting to assemble some DVDs for bike trainer rides when the weather turns bad this fall. I want to head off that tired old "It's too boring" excuse. I don't want to lose the performance gains I've made this year over the winter.

* Ironman DVDs - http://www.ironmandvd.com/ironmandvds.html
Do you recommend any particularly inspiring years??

* Spinervals DVDs - http://www.spinervals.com/
Any that you found especially helpful and motivating?

Others?

My two biggest movie recommendations for the trainer right now are:
Running On The Sun (2000)
Chariots of Fire (1981)

I may also order the Overcoming DVD about the CSC professional cycling team, of which I'm a fan.

Others? Thanks in advance for your recommendations! I'll compile a list when I get a few together!





Recommendations received (I'll keep a list here):

Overcoming - link to order inside USA

Ironman 1995: Karen Smyers victory, PNF collapse, Mark Allen comeback
Ironman 1997: Bob Jordan tearjerker
Ironman 1999: The Hoyt's journey

Movies:
Breaking Away
American Flyer
Pre
Miracle
Hoosiers
Rudy
Remember the Titans

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Mellen: I'm so glad you stopped by! I just got back from packet pickup. I'm doing the race tomorrow and I'll post about it later today. It's a tough race but I've never heard of anyone being dragged off the course. It's really very supportive, even of the stragglers. I've been there!! :-)

UltraMamaC said...

good luck with your 10-miler -- hope the weather cooperates?

Breaking Away? American Flyers? I think those two would keep me motivated on a trainer!

Nancy Toby said...

Mellen, did you make it? I saw several finishes way ahead of me by people named Mary Ellen, I was hoping one of them was you!!