Monday, August 01, 2005

Tagged again

Aaarrggghh! Flatman got me!

Q: What are you training for now?
A: I'd like to run a PR marathon this fall. I'm doing both Baltimore (Oct 15) and New York (Nov 6), but I'm not sure that either one is a PR course, so I'll have to start really working if I'm going to achieve a new PR.

Q: If you are raising money for a cause, what is it and why is that cause important to you?
A: I'm not fundraising. To be honest, I hate fundraising. I'm happy to toss in a few bucks when friends are fundraising, though, if I support their causes. Here's a good one.

Q: What is the furthest distance you've run in your training and what is the furthest distance you will run before your event?
A: I'd have to look back in my logs, but I think I did a last long run of 21 miles before a marathon once. I probably won't do more than 20 this year outside of a race.

Q:What is your favorite flavor of gu? (or other sports gel)
A: I haven't found any that I truly like. I usually use Tangerine Powergel for the caffeine but it makes me gag. I'm totally serious. I tried a mango Clif Shot last weekend and it almost made me hurl too. Yeah, it's not food, it's medicine, but still....

Q: How many days a week do you run?
A: 3 or 4.

Q: Are you injured in any way right now? If so,what are you doing about it?
A: No, but my center toes on my left foot are feeling a bit odd (knock on wood).

Q:What is one item of running clothing/gear (shoes don't count) you can't run without?
A: CAN'T? The obvious answer is a jogbra (RRS Sportek). But DON'T? A better answer is RoadID.

Q: Do you have a talisman you are planning on taking to your event? If so, tell us!
A: Um, no, can't think of one. During marathons I always wear a waistpack full of assorted stuff (ibuprofen, Rolaids, a couple glucose tablets, etc.) with $20 in a zipock bag, just in case. I usually try to carry a course map, too. You never know. OH!! I almost forgot! I wear 3 purple heart beads on my running shoe shoelaces, one for each of my 3 daughters, that somebody special gave me, which made me cry.

Q: Share one thing about yourself we don't know.
A: Who is "we"? OK, I earned a PhD twenty years ago, and I'll probably never hold a job in my particular field of expertise (sports biomechanics) again. And I love to paint in oils.

I'll tag.... I don't know. If you read this, and haven't yet been tagged, consider yourself tagged. Karen. Dawn. *jeanne*. Holly. Ellie. Folks like that.

5 comments:

:) said...

Paging Dr. Toby, paging Dr. Toby...

I thought you seemed a little smart for our group!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Yeah, yeah, I'll get to the tag this afternoon if I survive my lab work.

Downhillnut said...

Aw, you still love the purple hearts :)

I'll get working on my tag...

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

OK, I'm done with my tag. Next?

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Just checking in to see who completed their "tag". Michelle finished hers as well.

http://wdwcrzy.blogspot.com/