Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's Shelley's fault


I can't believe that Shelley talked me into this.


The Ford Ironman World Championship selects 200 athletes each year to participate through a lottery system. One hundred and fifty of the athletes will be selected from the United States applicants and fifty athletes will be selected from other countries. The Ford Ironman World Championship is one of the most in demand athletic events in the world. Qualifying gets more difficult each year, so the lottery is another option to enter the race.

This message is generated as confirmation of your recent registration on Active.com. You have been successfully registered for the following:
Registration: 2006 Ford Ironman World Championship Lottery
Purchase Date: 08/23/05
Team: United States
Category: Lottery Application
Event Date: 10/14/06
Name: NANCY TOBY

The 2006 Event will be held on October 14th in Kailua-Kona, HI. The lottery results will be posted on April 15th, 2006 at 12:00 pm EST on www.ironmanlive.com. Athletes who are SELECTED through the Ironman Lottery must have completed a Global Tri Group (GTG) endorsed event within one year of the 2006 Ford Ironman World Championship to validate his/her lottery slot. Lottery winners should plan on completing the validating race before August 31, 2006, and all validating information should be received in the Kona Race Office by August 31th, 2006. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of the lottery slot.

13 comments:

Vertical Man said...

Oh, I can believe it! Shelley can be VERY persuasive!

Holly said...

:) Oh Nancy! If you get it, I am SOOOO flying to Kona for the long weekend to cheer you on!

Shelley is a crafty lady!

:) said...

So, what is your qualifying race going to be???

Born To Endure said...

You go girl!!!!! I am such a pusher...LOL

Nancy Toby said...

Shelley tells me that any half IM race can be used as your "validating race" - and Eagleman has been an official Kona qualifier, and it's very close to me, so I'll be on the starting line again next June, barring any injuries. (I just say "has been" a qualifier since I don't know what's going to happen with their new "Ironman 70.3" thing).

tri-mama said...

Yea! This means you're training to Iron-no matter what. So, my question, are you going to register for Florida as a back up? Yes, yes, you must say yes!

Nancy Toby said...

Pushers. Every one of you.

Where, oh where, is the voice of reason!?

This week I'm leaning towards IMFL - funny, that seems to happen when I slack OFF training, not when I'm training hard. Hmm.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's what you get for talking to Shelly.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oh, you know you wanna do it!

Good luck on the lottery! They gotta pick someone, so why not you?

Adrith said...

Holy COW.

... that's awesome.

Nancy Toby said...

Thansk for the encouragement, everyone! I don't know, about that "validating race", Liz. Probably within the 8-hour cutoff would be okay. The problem would be - if I'm still that slow, I'd probably never finish Kona. I'd have to think of a half IM finish time well into the sub-7 hour range to have a infintesimal chance of finishing Kona by their time limits, I think.

Downhillnut said...

Now Disney's Goofy medal will be "merely a training run". Oh yeah, you're certifiable! Go Nancy Go!

Chris said...

That's so awesome! Good luck in the lottery!!!