Thursday, August 18, 2005

Tugboat Tags

More things to buy! I found these following a Tyler Hamilton Foundation link on Flatman's Blog. I might have to get these too, along with a nice new THF cycling jersey. Or should I wait until after the CAS hearing?

The "Believe" tag commemorates professional cyclist Tyler Hamilton's dog Tugboat, who died during the Tour de France last year. Tyler wore his bone-shaped dogtag in the race the following day, before he crashed out. (The previous year he valiantly finished with a broken collarbone). Some months after that, Tyler was hit with blood-doping allegations, which are still under appeal.

5 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

I keep hoping that one day I'm going to see that Tyler has been cleared of all charges. I'd really like to believe that there is another outstanding American in the sport. But the longer I go without hearing anything postive, the more I have to start wondering... :(

:) said...

I believe.

I know him, kind of. I met him and rode with him last year and he and his wife are the two nicest people I have ever met. I refuse to believe that he cheated. I am anxiously awaiting the ruling of the appeal.

Nancy Toby said...

I read the decision on the previous case and I think the testing protocol has some very serious flaws. I hope the CAS sees it that way....

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I know one thing-- whatever antigens may have been in his blood and how they got there has no bearing on the raw physical courage I saw in him in the 2003 Tour.

I wish he would've been in this year's Tour. If he could've stayed upright, I know he would've made Lance work a little for #7.

Honestly, if the poor dear was going to dope, don't they think it would've been some kind of balance-improvement drug? ;-)