Friday, August 05, 2005

Movie recommendation

Chariots of Fire is out in DVD now and we watched it again last weekend. I hadn't seen it since it was first released in 1981, and I had forgotten how good it is! It truly deserved the Best Screenplay Academy Award. Although, like most historical films, it plays a little loose with the facts, it's still inspirational.

Are any of my readers also Netflix addicts? If so, there's a "Friends" feature where you can see the ratings your friends put on movies and see what they've watched lately. Let me know your email address and I'll add you as my special "Friend"! (Although by way of full disclosure I should warn you that I lean toward costume dramas, documentaries, and BBC series).

9 comments:

:) said...

Oops, those are the tree types of movies I try to stay away from...just joking.

I haven't seen "Chariots" in forever.

I am a Blockbuster Online type of guy, myself...

*jeanne* said...

How did you like "The Madness of King George"?

I also LOVED "Chariots od Fire" and bought a copy on video just before my first marathon - but I STILL haven't opened it! Too much to do, and too little Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and THYME!

Chris said...

I had Netflix, but cancelled because they started slowing down my movies. Basically, if you rent from them too much, they start delaying the movies that they send back to you. I didn't like that much. :(

So, I'm a Blockbuster Online guy for now too. Currently on their free trial. Cheaper, and they give you two free in store movie coupons a month!

The Big Cheese said...

I love the original Office series from BBC. Top 2 all time for me.

Jorell said...

sweet lil site;)

Anonymous said...

I had never seen Chariots of Fire until just recently. I went out and bought it.

I watched it again last night

Comm's said...

One of top 3 soundtracks of all time, and a great movie.

I am a hollywood video mvp. Something about touching what I am getting. Know lots of people on netflix, but Chris' comment kind of scares me, I am a movie addict.

Nancy Toby said...

Just for the record, I wanted to note that I've never had the problems with Netflix that Chris described! But maybe they like me because I'm a 5-out-at-once subscriber. :-)

poet-scholar-professor-type said...

i've never had those problems w/ netflix either, and i rent a ton of movies...i am ashamed to say, i have never seen chariots of fire. it came out when i was in high school, and because it was such a big deal and i heard that music over and over and over and over...i just blocked it out. i think i might be able to deal with it now...thanks for the reminder of what looks like a great great film...as an adult! and thanks for the b-day wishes. it doesn't hurt to turn 40 when you're a lot stronger than you were at 30, so i'm coping! run run run, nancy toby!