Friday, May 26, 2006

Good swim

Today was a nice relaxed swim back at the good pool. Just over 3000m - for my highest distance pool swim yet, I think! It felt nice and relaxed most of the way. I did a continuous 43-lap half-Ironman-distance-plus swim in the middle with a couple of quick breaks and it took about 57 minutes. That will be good enough to get me in under the cutoffs at Eagleman in 16 days, and hopefully I won't be exhausted after the swim this year!

Tomorrow I'm getting up well before the buttcrack of dawn (the peleton is rolling at 6AM) to join some of the nice folks from Cambridge for a ride around the Eagleman course. That will also be my highest-mileage ride of the year so far, so I'll take it at a comfortable pace with plenty of chamois cream, my new CMS jersey, and take a few photos to share also.

2 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Congratulations on your Olympic - I hope my times are as good as yours next time! Terrific Job!

*jeanne* said...

And that New Jersey ROCKS, too!

(oops...yeah, I was born in NJ. Guess I just capitalized by habit! But it IS a very nice new jersey!)

I already know you ROCKED the ride, reading these posts backwards...

:-)