Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Nothing to say

I feel like I don't have much to blog about. I'm in limbo. My husband is home from work this week, bouncing back from the appendectomy. His father is being kind enough to visit this weekend so that I can get away to do the Columbia triathlon on Sunday.

I'm cutting back on my workouts a bit. Woo, I swam 1500m in the early morning today when everyone was asleep. Huh, how did 1500m become a "short" refreshing "little" swim!? When did that happen? That's pretty cool. I hope it feels that way on race day.

My last 100m, two-lap portion this morning was a speed check - how fast is a "very comfortable pace but not too pokey" 100m swim for me right now? Turns out it's 2:51. Including 3 open turns. That would give me a 42:45 swim time for 1500m - that would work! Although I'd like to get closer to 38 minutes, and maybe I can with a wetsuit on and only two 90-degree turns in the swim. The proof is in the pudding on race day!

I still have to assemble all my race gear in one place, review the checklist, and give my bike Buttercup her final cleaning. I gave her a pretty new black front skewer yesterday and she will get a new rear one when I take her off the bike trainer. I keep telling her that if she's especially good at all her events this year, she might get new aerobars next year.

Catherine has been her usual funny self. Yesterday morning she was asking about Daddy, and I told her that he was still asleep. Her response? Yelling out "Wake up! Wake up!" I can see we're going to be in trouble when she finally learns how to safely escape from her crib. I can definitely see getting another baby gate for their bedroom doorway.

Then she had animal crackers and she was feeding raspberries and orange juice to them (holding their little cookie faces up to the straw for a sip) and then after she bit their heads off, she would yell out "Broken! Broken!".

3 comments:

Julia said...

That's great that your Father in Law is coming to visit at some a convenient time. I can't wait to see how you do on this triathlon. Good luck!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Yay! Another Twin Mommy Crazy Chick!

Good luck on your upcoming race!

Mojo said...

They girls keep you laughing and smiling! The animal cracker story is too cute.

It's probably going to be a difficult week because your rountine is screwy right now since you are being a nurse too. God help the soul that has to be around me if I haven't trained for more than two days. I'd start acting like Catherine and biting heads off.