Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sitting still

Sitting here in front of the computer instead of doing my ride today - it's killing me! It's also perfect weather for it - 65*F, clear skies, no wind at all. Oh well, there will be other rides. At least I feel better than my husband, recovering in the hospital today with a painful abdominal incision. I have to get the girls packed up and drive back two hours in case he gets sprung from the Big House later today.

Here are a few Catherine-isms from the last couple days. Ah, the life of a two-year-old:
  • Eating hard-boiled eggs, she ate her favorite part, and then returned the white part to me, requesting "More yellow? More yellow?"
  • Then last night I found her sitting on the floor in the kitchen, happily licking butter out of the butter dish as if it were an ice cream cone.
  • Yesterday she pulled a set of curtains completely off the friggin' wall (the screws were loose in the drywall already). This morning she was dragging them around the floor by the big wooden curtain pole and announcing that she was "mopping! mopping!".
  • These days when she wants her diaper changed she climbs up the changing table like a monkey up a ladder and lies down to assume the position for diaper-changing. I'm hoping that willingness to be potty-trained is not far behind!

7 comments:

Habeela said...

Have a safe trip. Two year olds are SO cute!

Granny said...

Glad it went so well. When my kids handed me their wet diaper (with a dry one in the other hand), I knew it was time.

Papa Tweet said...

Apparently, I used to eat butter like that as a child. You see how I turned out. Good luck with that.
Benny

KLN said...

Crap, blogger just are my post. Anyway, good luck with the travel and the recovery, and at least you have lovely weather!

Holly said...

Licking Butter .. shudder .. not at all like ice cream!

Sounds like "potty training" is on the horizon!

Have a safe drive back to town!

Mojo said...

Catherine and I would get along well eating eggs. I only like the white.

Too funny about ripping the curtains off the wall. At least she is trying to be helpful with chores!

I'm sorry you missed your ride. It was a beautiful day yesterday! Hope you and the girls got to enjoy it at the playground or something.

Anonymous said...

Glad all went well for your husband,
I remember eating a stick of butter as a kid right out of the fridge, it wasn't soft, but it tasted good at the time!