Saturday, May 06, 2006

Great ride yesterday

I was privileged (yes, Flatman!) to take a nearly-30 mile bike ride yesterday, which was a nice counterpoint to my 3150-yard swim. My bike computer is still dead, so I didn't have speed or cadence data - but it was kind of nice to just ride on "feel" for a change. Down in the aerobars the whole way - my back is getting a little more endurance finally!

This is my new "sports gel" - much cheaper and easier to find in stores than Clif Blocks, plus smaller pieces and much tastier! And they don't wind up like glue adhering to my teeth, like Sharkies. I think I'll try carrying these in my upcoming triathlons, along with my favorite nut bars.


I still get a little concerned when I see the buzzards circling around me . . . .













I always like this turnaround point at the old ferry landing in Claiborne on the edge of the Chesapeake Bay. Long ago before they built the bridge across the bay, this was one of the Eastern Shore landings for the ferries that people took on vacations as they made their way over to Ocean City. Now the railroad is gone and the ferry landings are too, but there are a few places to tie up small boats.

1 comment:

Granny said...

Saying hi. I'm always lurking, seems like but I know so little about all your activity I can't think of anything intelligent except "way to go".