Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back to the grindstone

Back to the old training routine now! After two days of letting my sore old body relax and recuperate, I'm back to training. 4 miles easy run today.

I have to get busy with that grindstone. You know, if I keep working at that grindstone long enough, I hope to grind away everything about this old body that doesn't resemble an Ironman. That's a lot to grind, you know? And if I keep at it diligently, sometime on the evening of November 4th I'll finish up all that grinding and out of the dust and debris will step a newly minted Ironman.

Other than that, we're just taking care of some routine doctor visits this week. Yesterday -three-year-old checkups and hepatitis A vaccines. Today - opthalmologist checkup for Elisabeth as a two-year-followup to her crossed-eyes surgery. Everything is normal except for Elisabeth's speech. No drama is good. I like no drama. I like my girls being healthy and happy and doing their everyday routine.

I had a nice chat with a mom of a very cute adopted Taiwanese boy in the waiting room about Marine Corps Marathon and some other marathons, since I wore my old 2001 Country Music Marathon t-shirt that was at the top of the heap this morning and I was in a hurry. I don't usually wear it in public since I was a DNF because of a stress fracture in my foot.

No comments: