Thursday, May 04, 2006

Six Months

Six months from this moment I will be in the sky on a plane on my way to Panama City for Ironman Florida.

I will feel both fear and confidence. I will feel both fully ready and totally unprepared. My body will be in the best shape of its life.

Six months and two days from this moment I will be in the midst of two thousand other athletes attempting to swim 2.4 miles in the Gulf of Mexico.

Six months and two days from now I will get out of the water, take off my wetsuit, spray on the sunblock, and get on my bike and ride 112 miles.

Six months and two days from now I will dismount from my bike, already having traveled 114.4 miles that day under my own power, and begin running a marathon.

Six months and two days from now I will be transformed.

Six months and two days from now, if I complete my preparation with diligence and everything aligns correctly on race day, I will become an Ironman.

16 comments:

TriZilla said...

I just got a chill.

Isn't it funny how 6 months can seem simultaneously like an eternity and the blink of an eye?

:) You're going to rock!

Habeela said...

Wow, is that inspiring or what?!

Mojo said...

Six months and two days from now, I will be so very proud of you!

Downhillnut said...

I'm with mojo!

Nothing like a countdown to motivate your training!

Dianne W. said...

A chill?? Jeez. I'm starting to cry!

Cliff said...

6 months..woah.

I saw your other post..i reall ylike the turtle pic..i never seen that species before.

Good riding :)

Chris said...

Man, for whatever reason, I never pictured Florida being so close. I guess I never stopped to think that it's already May and that Summer is almost here that Spring is virtually gone.

I hope you have a great six months ahead of you!

Oldman said...

just remember "things on the calendar are closer than they appear".

Backofpack said...

That is so exciting!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

...six months and one day from now, we'll all be giving you virtual hugs and pats on the back. And, six months from now, I'll be sitting in front of my computer with an entry all filled out, ready to hit the "Send" button. You've inspired me to give IMFla 2007 a try!

Lynne said...

I get nervous for you just thinking about it. You really are amazing!!!! Keep it up!!!!!

Holly said...

YeeeHaw!!!!! Go Nancy Go!

Nancy Toby said...

Yeah, no Ironman gear for me until AFTER the finish line! Very, very bad juju!!

Nancy Toby said...

And Misty - if I can do it, anyone can!! But the jury is still out on whether I can do it, until race day arrives. I'll do my best to get ready, though!

*jeanne* said...

YOU CAN DO IT.
Sorry for shouting.
BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

6 months from now I look forward to reading an awesome report of my new Iron Man friend.