Monday, May 22, 2006

Sidetracked while writing my race report

Catherine is really learning to count! In the bathtub today she counted "ONE, TWO" little boats. I gave her another one, and she counted "ONE, TWO, THREE!!"

Then walking downstairs after the bath, she counted all the way up to fourteen! We didn't have exactly a one-to-one correspondence between steps and numbers, but she had the right idea!

Then Elisabeth was signing "car", which I think is her way of asking if we can go in the car to St. Michaels. Or maybe I'm just projecting, because that's what I want to do too! I told her no, I'm sorry, we can't go today, but we can go on Thursday. She must have heard me correctly, since then she made her sign for "thirsty". (Thursday = thirsty, get it?)

I promised them that they can go to the Yacht Club to go swimming soon (when the outdoor pool opens next week). I'm not sure that they remember swimming there last year. Then Catherine chimed in, "And eat!" Yes, that's right, we'll eat there too, since we often go to dinner there!

3 comments:

Habeela said...

Great painting! So appropriate. Your girls are geniuses! Counting, signing..amazing!

*jeanne* said...

Sounds like a GREAT way to be side-tracked!

SMART kiddies. Nature AND nurture! :-)

PS- I like the "Nude Descending a Staircase" pic!

Mojo said...

Catherine remembers the food/taste stuff. The mulberries, the Yacht Club. Maybe she'll be a chef! I know you'd be a very encouraging parent too.

I wanted to be a chef but my Dad said it was too hard, too demanding. So, I became a farmer/ soap maker after chemo instead. I still love food and love to cook. Bath and body formulating is kinda like cooking too.