Friday, May 05, 2006

Today's swim

I got to go to the nice clean YMCA pool today, where I always enjoy swimming. I did 1000 yards warmup and balance drills and then started a 1500-yard continuous set. That felt pretty solid, so I kept going for another 13 laps to hit a half Ironman distance continuous swim (with open turns in a short pool, and one or two brief stops).

43 laps for 2150 yards in 56:52.

Nobody will accuse me of being super-speedy, but that's a very solid swim for me!

Hey, at Eagleman half Ironman last year I swam the course in 81:22. Today's swim was 24:30 faster, or over 30% faster.

COOL!

It does help when you can't swim way off course because of the lane lines, though....

Now I get to go for a bike ride in a few minutes. I love warmer weather!

4 comments:

:) said...

Great swim.

I am so glad to hear you say that you "get" to go ride your bike. I hate it when people say they "have" to go ride their bike. It's a priviledge, people!!!

Oldman said...

solid swim nancy... rthinking about the kent county spring fling ride....

Habeela said...

24 minutes faster?! That's incredible! I love swims like that!

Flo said...

Wow, 24 minutes. Awesome!!!!