Saturday, May 20, 2006

Racked, locked, and loaded

Buttercup is in her place and ready to go!

The Columbia Triathlon transition area - which sort of sits on a big ledge, with steep climbs or descents in every direction, in or out.

The swim start.

The swim finish. Last year I heard that volunteers spotted snakes swimming across this ramp. :-)

The bike course is wonderfully scenic.

This is the hill on which I dropped my chain last year, at about the halfway point of the course. Funny, it got much less steep in a year!

But the hills are relentless, one after another for the whole course.

And then there's the 10K run course, which has this nasty switchback going uphill hidden about a half mile into the course.

I'll be happy tomorrow when I finally see this finish line!

12 comments:

Flo said...

Good luck tomorrow Nancy. Knock 'em dead!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

Downhillnut said...

I find hills always look much, MUCH smaller when I look at them through my camera. Training makes them smaller, too!

Born To Endure said...

Good luck Nancy!!!!!!!

Ellie Hamilton said...

I thought it was yesterday? ;-D

Anyway, The Nancinator doesn't need luck -- she's got guts and training!

KLN said...

You're going to have the great race you've worked so hard to have. You GO!!!

*jeanne* said...

The volunteers were WRONG. There are no snakes in Centennial Lake.

And the hills ARE smaller. YOU made them smaller by working them down.

You are gonna RULE that TRI!

:-)

Nancy Toby said...

I'm pretty sure it must have been a water moccasin. In water, right??

I mean, it's not freakin' Ireland or anything...

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Swim Nancy Swim
Bike Nancy Bike
Run Nancy Run

Just rock that course!

Granny said...

If anyone deserves success on this, you do.

Lisa said...

Good luck tomorrow Nancy! I can't wait to read your report! You're going to rock the course!!

bari said...

Nancy, don't ever take a picture of a hill -- they always look easy in pictures! By the time you see this, you'll be finished, but I'm wishing you good luck anyway!