Sunday, May 21, 2006

Columbia pics

I didn't take many on race day. *Jeanne* was kind enough to meet me again in the last couple of miles and took a zillion!

Transition area madness, getting everything ready before 7AM when triathletes had to vacate the area:

My transition setup - after I politely-as-I-could-manage told a woman to move her bike off of leaning heavily against mine and that she couldn't set her stuff up in my assigned spot by my bike. (She was assigned a spot on the OTHER side of the rack).

Jude Apple (4th place Clydesdale out of 27!) filling up his aerobottle. See the balloon string? A woman next to me tied it there. When I came into T1 it was tied ONTO MY BIKE (WTF!?), which required a few moments to untie.

7 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

You'd have stood out more if you'd left the balloon on your bike :-)

I like Jude Apple a lot. Plus his name is cool (I'm a Beatles fan...Hey Jude, Apple Records...)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Cliff said...

..next time u need a sign on your bike that says "don't tie any ballooon on me"..

not smart..but maybe that balloon will make your bike lighter and ride faster? :)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

What's that song "99 balloons" ...the other 98 must have floated away.

Congrats!

soozey said...

Great job! Looking forward to every detail on the race report. I'm curious to hear how your nutrition worked out since I am doing an olympic later this summer.

Linda said...

Good job Nancy! You're special, that's why you got a balloon.

Downhillnut said...

What a whimsical way to annoy someone! "She looks like tough competition. I'll just tie this balloon to her bike to slow her down. No one would penalize me for being so generous with a BALLOON"

Now, if she'd tied your bike to the rack with it, I'd be really suspicious!

*jeanne* said...

Yes. I'd say tying a balloon to the RACK is better for morale boosting than encumbering the BIKE itself!

NO BALLOONS on BUTTERCUP.
;-)