Monday, May 08, 2006

Metric century next Saturday

As part of my final preparations for the Columbia Triathlon on May 21st, I'm going to do a little ride next Saturday through scenic Talbot County, Maryland.

The Tour de Talbot has 20-mile, 65-mile, and 100-mile options. Here's the flyer.

I'm planning on signing up for the 65-miler when they start at 7:30 AM and beginning my ride shortly thereafter, about 7:45-8:00 AM. My plan is to take it nice and easy and slow (~15 mph plus long stops for food!) so that I don't pull any muscles or do anything dumb just a week before my first big triathlon of the season. It goes over most of the roads that I usually ride on - it will just be a little more fun to do it with an organized ride.

Would anyone care to join me?

I still haven't had any open-water practices yet this year either, which worries me, but I definitely will bring my wetsuit to the pool this weekend for a practice run if I don't manage to get into the Bay for a swim.

No comments: