Monday, April 24, 2006

My new chamois cream

I'm done buying Chamois Butt'r, especially since it costs $14 freakin' bucks for 8 ounces and doesn't seem to work any better than plain old hand lotion, for me.

Here's my new discovery, that works FABULOUSLY well for chamois cream, and costs about $5 for 8 ounces, and is available in all major drugstores:

Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. Fragrance-free and non-irritating. The best part is that it contains dimethicone, which makes everything nicely slippery. Kind of like teflon coating for your chamois and everything else in the vicinity. :-)

5 comments:

Mark said...

boy, i feel dumb. i didn't even know what chamois butt'r was.

Nancy Toby said...

Get on the bike and you'll learn soon enough!!!!!

Bolder said...

i always think that this stuff is just re-logo'd something or other.

like they peel one label off, slap another on, and then resell it.

i think you're on the right track.

Lisa said...

You're right about beating myself up. It's just frustration built up over three months of little to no running.
Thanks for the kind words to remind me that it was a hard run, and being upset over my speed isn't going to change anything.

I might have to give that lotion a try. I've never used Chamois butt'r, but I may have to try something new. :)

Comm's said...

I agree on the butt butter. I use a bike product but low cost. The aveeno is thinking outside the box and thats a great idea. We still it around the house for Mighty Mo.