Tuesday, April 04, 2006

One week of calorie counting

Just a quick update on the caloric front line of the War Against Obesity:

One week of calorie counting is done on www.fitday.com. I was very strict about recording every last morsel I ate, so I think the intake number is accurate. Some of the other numbers are probably much less so, since they're based on the www.fitday.com WAEs (wild-assed estimates).

Average kcal eaten: +2135/day
Daily maintenance kcal (supposedly): -2544 kcal
Average daily kcal burned from exercise (supposedly): -468 kcal
Average daily deficit (supposedly): -877 kcal

Total caloric deficit in 7 days (supposedly): -6139 kcal

My body weight is down a whole 1.0 whopping pounds in 7 days.
At least it's going in the right direction! Sure beats the alternative.

4 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Yes, much better and much more sustainable when it happens slowly. Good job!

Hollyfish said...

Nice. Looks doable...perhaps I'll give it a try too. Don't balk at 1 lb. That's the equivalent of tossing 4 sticks of butter out of your backpack!!

Excellent job on the swimming too - I'm totally impressed at how hard you've worked and it's truly progress that you're enjoying it so much!! I want to feel that way about running...

Lynne said...

I'm with Misty - Keep it up! You are doing AWESOME!

Comm's said...

I submit that your a bit over 1 pound lost. 3500 calories equals one pound so with your 6139 deficet +/- some variables your doing a great job. I have a very slow metabolism and my BMR rate is only 2000 a day, a little lower actually. Thats just the number if I sat on my bottom all day.