Sunday, April 23, 2006

The duck parade

Three ducks waddled over from the cove to visit today. Everything was still all wet from the torrential rains we had yesterday.

That's the $959,000 house for sale in the background, just in case you're interested.


I had been playing with the girls out on the deck. Naturally they were entranced by the ducks, so I bribed the little quackers to stick around to entertain us for a while in exchange for a little bread.


I also found out that I had falsely accused the Devil Squirrel for the mess in the grill. My husband spotted the culprit along with some newly deposited evidence. It seems that it's a particularly stupid grackle. After cleaning it AGAIN I stuffed up the holes in the grill temporarily with steel wool in the hopes that she will find another suitable nesting box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the squirrel dodn't do it!
I was worried you were going to kill him...