Thursday, April 13, 2006

Happy holidays!

Happy holiday to everyone celebrating Passover or Easter in the next few days!

We're celebrating a curious mix - skipping the house-cleaning part of Passover, enjoying the family and meal-eating and wine-drinking aspect, and giving special focus to the chocolate bunny theme, too.

Actually, my personal preference is to have a pagan celebration of the Vernal Equinox and the return of more daylight, but that was already almost a month ago on March 20th this year.

I like the spring/rebirth motif, too! We have a nestful of 4 robin eggs tended by a very attentive Mama Robin in the holly tree outside our front door right now. I'll share some photos of them next week.

3 comments:

Mojo said...

Are you going to do an egg hunt? Or are your girls too young still?

Nancy Toby said...

We're going to do kind of a simplified version of an egg hunt, I think. Depending on whether it rains that day . I don't know if they will really hunt for them, but they'll eat some if they're in plain sight! I don't think they "get" the idea of acquisition and ownership and hoarding and all that quite yet, and they don't care all that much about candy (unlike Mom!)

JF said...

I am Michelle's friend Jessica! I love your comments on her page. Michelle is a great friend and she does not need to worry about me on rides, but it does make me feel good that she cared. I do agree - I would have loved a map! Michelle is doing a great job and I would never want to hold her back! Have fun this Easter Weekend! I am going to do a hunt too - with my 3 neices!