Friday, April 28, 2006

Summer of Centuries

Okay, I've entered my last long ride event before Ironman Florida: a nice 112-mile bike ride on flat country roads on September 30, 2006. Preceded by a refreshing 3862-meter swim in the Choptank River. Among the sea nettles. Aww, it won't be too bad, especially when I can sleep in my own bed the night before.

That should give me a good workout and race-day simulation five weeks out from my first Ironman attempt!

Now I need to spend some serious time browsing online on listings of centuries and going through my calendar to plan about five more century rides between late June and mid-September. I'm hoping six organized centuries (plus my other rides on my own) will get enough long-day mileage into my legs to get me "ready enough".

1 comment:

Dianne W. said...

6 is lots. Lots of folks have finished IM on many less.