Sunday, April 16, 2006

Ironman socks

I'm a purist about the Ironman word. I think it should be illegal to wear Ironman gear or use the word Iron-anything in connection with anyone who hasn't yet crossed that Ironman finish line under their own power. Even if it's not illegal, it's certainly bad ju-ju.

That said, I still wear my Timex Ironman watch that I've used for years, because it's the only kind that I know how all the buttons work. And I just stocked up on 4 new pairs of these Ultimax Ironman socks. I think if they don't show, they can just be my little secret inside my shoes.

But that's where I draw the line.

7 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

Nancy, I feel the same way about my womens undergarments.

Cliff said...

Big cheese is so funny :).

Thnaks for the glass tip. I didn't realize that. Not that i will ride with it on race day. Too heavy.

Mojo said...

Too funny cheese!

Nancy Toby said...

Cheese, aren't those bras and panties inside your shoes uncomfortable? Maybe if you used SOCKS you could run better.

Chris said...

Just think... Come November, you'll be able to prance around all you want, wherever you want in just your socks! :)

The Big Cheese said...

Trust me I need the support up top...And my ass is falling to peices. I like'em snug and silky...I have to go now....

Holly said...

I love those socks too! I wear them and my IRON-GIRL socks all the time .. I think of them as "motivation" and therefore they are not "official race gear" and there is no bad Karma...so far!