Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sigh

Guess what? I managed to break my brand new little camera. The wrist strap slipped off and I dropped it, and now the lens doesn't extend right and I get error messages and it doesn't operate at all. It really shouldn't be that fragile for an aluminum-clad piece of equipment, to stop working completely from a ~12-inch fall, but I guess I've learned that it is. Back to Sony service it goes on Monday, dammit! I hope they can turn it around fast and get it back to me before I go to Disneyworld, but I sure doubt that I'll be that lucky.

I'm also in trouble for Goofy, probably. I think getting those three PRs in a row recently was not a good thing for my race preparation, because it's made me feel overconfident and dulled that respect for the distance that's so important for maintaining a training edge (at least for me). I'm going to do far fewer races in 2006 than in 2005, and try to keep my focus on the routine training process and not on the racing.

Today was my longest run since the half marathon on December 3, and I only got in about 9.5 miles (after spending far too long on the phone with Sony Customer Support). At the end of my out-and-back, I timed myself along the hilly 5K course that I did last summer in 34:52. Today's time was 38:53 - slow for me for a 5K, but okay for my shuffling marathon pace. I won't be holding even that 12:32 min/mile pace for the full 1.6 marathons that I'm going to be doing at Disneyworld, I'm quite certain!

6 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oh, no! That's a total bummer about the camera! I'm so paranoid that will happen to my camera and it's not nearly as cute. I hope you can get it fixed or replaced in time for Goofy!

Danny said...

:-(

i feel your frustration. you may want to call them - sometimes they charge more to fix it then to replace it.

even better! if you bought it on a credit card, there's often purchase protection for anything lost or broken within 90 days. (i actually got my money back this way for my first camera.)

good luck.

Cliff said...

Don't worry about making u over confident...u have trained well. Taper well and u will have fun at disney run.

Holly said...

I'm sorry to hear about your camera! UGH!

Steven said...

Bummer on the camera fall. Hopefully they just send you a new one pronto instead of trying to repair that one.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

That sucks about the camera. But heh, good luck with the race!!!