Friday, December 09, 2005

Camera phone?

Oh yeah! Now I remember what I was considering getting for myself! A camera phone! So that I can send pictures directly from races to this blog. Will that work? There are 3 models with 1.0 megapixels that I can get within my price range, which is only slightly less resolution than my old early-model 1.3-megapixel digital camera. Or should I just get a newer teensy 3 or 4 megapixel camera, and live with a few hours delay in posting the photos here? Does anyone have any great recommendations for me? Commodore? Anyone?

It sure would be fun to have it at Walt Disney World for the Goofy Challenge, wouldn't it?

4 comments:

Comm's said...

Depending on your service there are many excellent choices for cell phones that have a minimum of 2.0 megapixel of digital photography. Go no lower. However you will be paying more each month for your phone service to be able to email those pictures to your blog. Along iwth paying more for the phone itself. I personally have a camera on my phone but don't use it for emails or blogging.
I have a 2 mp Phillips Key Camera for outdoor shots and love it. It is also a jump drive. Drawbacks on no zoom or flash but it carrys better than a cell phone in races and no monthly fees. Suprizingly I use mine quite often.

Anonymous said...

If you want to compare, the last pic I posted in my blog was taken with a Motorola Razr. I transfer pics to my computer with the infrared port.
I'm in the process of buying a digital camera right now though.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Speaking as someone working for a mobile phone manufacturer, you will want a 1.3M pixel camera phone, no less. And none of that Korean camera phones please - the cameras are gimicks in my view.

I also second what "commodore" said, unless you are prepared to chalk up a large data services bill, limit the number of photos you will send online.

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for the tips - I think you're convincing me to just get a little camera!! I hadn't considered the "sending" costs.