Here are the numbers:
- Swim: 17,013m or 10.5 miles, or 4253 m/wk (198% of January weekly average). Met Tier 3 goal for the month.
- Bike: 292 km or 182 miles, or 73 km/wk (45 miles/wk, 119% of January weekly average). Met Tier 1 goal for the month.
- Run: 89 km or 55 miles, or 22 km/wk (13.9 miles/wk, 91% of January weekly average). Met Tier 1 goal for the month.
- Crunches: 2600, or 650/wk (143% of January weekly average). Met Tier 3 goal for the month.
- Food logging: Kept a detailed food log 5 or more days for 4 weeks. Met Tier 3 goal for the month.
- Events: None. Staying away from road races this month probably decreased my monthly run mileage, but it helped me concentrate on my training in other disciplines.
While I'm not yet doing high volume training, I'm doing well on the progression and hitting my targets where I need to be right now. Training time per week has ranged between 9 and 11 hours. This has probably been my most consistent training month of my life, since I hit weekly base-level goals in swimming, biking, running, and nutrition for 4 out of 4 weeks.
I should note that setting weekly minimum distances in each discipline (instead of waiting for the monthly tally) has been REALLY REALLY helpful for me in maintaining consistency, even when those minimums are quite modest amounts. It's gotten me out on Fridays and Saturdays on lots of occasions lately just to make those weekly numbers that I want to hit for my minimum. Doing a LOT and then slacking off is very normal for me, but being consistent and keeping up a steady effort level day after day is much more difficult for my personality.
Next month, weather permitting, should see a modest increase in run mileage and a major increase in cycling mileage. Numerical goals will be posted within a day or two.