Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February summary

Here are the numbers:

While I'm not yet doing high volume training, I'm doing well on the progression and hitting my targets where I need to be right now. Training time per week has ranged between 9 and 11 hours. This has probably been my most consistent training month of my life, since I hit weekly base-level goals in swimming, biking, running, and nutrition for 4 out of 4 weeks.

I should note that setting weekly minimum distances in each discipline (instead of waiting for the monthly tally) has been REALLY REALLY helpful for me in maintaining consistency, even when those minimums are quite modest amounts. It's gotten me out on Fridays and Saturdays on lots of occasions lately just to make those weekly numbers that I want to hit for my minimum. Doing a LOT and then slacking off is very normal for me, but being consistent and keeping up a steady effort level day after day is much more difficult for my personality.

Next month, weather permitting, should see a modest increase in run mileage and a major increase in cycling mileage. Numerical goals will be posted within a day or two.

7 comments:

Danny said...

That looks like a great month to me!!

On the way to Ironman...

KLN said...

Way to go!!!!!!

onepinkfuzzy said...

woo hoo!!! That's awesome

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Consistency so important, almost the unsung hero of training. Yet it often gets lost in all the long runs, speed workouts, etc. You have put some major currency in the Bank of Ironman.

Great job!!!

Kim said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Now that is an impressive February! Good luck for keeping ones like this coming!!

Una said...

Phenomenal Nancy.