Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Linae rocks

I have to give Linae credit for helping me get out the door this morning for my run. She said, "if you only have 20 minutes to run, then run 20 minutes". I thought that's just about all the time I would have. Somehow I've gotten into a mindset that says it's hardly worth putting on my running shoes if I'm not going to run 45 minutes or an hour. WRONG! Those shorter runs are the basis of consistency (not to mention calorie-burning). So I got my clothes on, ready to run for "only" 20 or 30 minutes.

As it turned out, my husband was planning on leaving for work later than usual, so I had enough time for a 5K including the hill climb, but I didn't know that until I was almost out the door.

I'll still put in a little time on the bike trainer tonight, too.

3 comments:

Dianne W. said...

Great attitude! (got any extra to share???)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Way to go Nancy.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

5K with the killer hill. What a great workout. Great job!