Thursday, February 02, 2006

Core DVDs

I was just complaining about lower back pain and fatigue when cycling over 30 miles to a triathlete and coach whom I respect. She gave a very strong recommendation for these DVDs. She's almost as old as me, so I figured she ought to know. So I ordered them today. Workouts that will help my core strength and therefore cycling endurance, that I can do in the privacy of my own living room, are right up my alley right now. Even if it makes my babies scream in boredom for their own DVDs.

One can only do so many hours on a bike trainer before one goes insane. Just look at Benny. ;-) Er, no, he's just driven.

9 comments:

:) said...

Holy Shmackeroonies! Those are $60 a piece! They better work!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

See. If you link to their pages I don't have to ask for secret identities. Jeesh.

Papa Tweet said...

I'm sorry, was that an insult?

Tammy said...

Cool. Let us know what you think. I've started doing core work as well. Right now I'm just following the plan in the last issue of Triathlete mag. baby steps....

Laura said...

I'm interested to see how you like those dvds - I've been thinking of ordering them for a while.

Nancy Toby said...

They're expensive, it's true, but they were so highly recommended I couldn't resist. :-) I'll post a review later.

Cliff said...

Ironbenny is insane already :).

And the sad truth is I am heading there...ok not really sad. Joyfully entering into insane mode.

Does back pain have do with a proper fitting fo the bike?

Or maybe you need to strenghten the lower back muscles.

Nancy Toby said...

Yeah, Cliff, I think my bike fit is pretty good - but the core muscles (including lower back) lack endurance. Hence the DVDs.

Bolder said...

look forward to the review, and a contrast/compare to what they recommended in the Feb Triathlete magazine that i featured in 'Who Knew?'...

plus, saves me 180 smackers.

my word ver is 'pumkox'... almost worthwhile having to type that in.