Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's the Olympics' fault

So I thought the Olympics were going to get me all motivated and working out and healthy and all that.

Instead of being active, I'm staying up past 11PM (I hate that they don't start the broadcasts until 8PM on the east coast), sitting on my can watching television of OTHER people being active, and getting very well reacquainted with that too-familiar syndrome of Stuffing My Face Continually In Front Of The TV. Then, unlike Angie, I can't seem to wake up early enough to get in the workout that I had planned.

Something is very wrong about this whole phenomenon. I am getting in a little more bike trainer time than usual watching TV, but that doesn't compensate for all the snacking that I'm doing.

It's probably a good time for them to drain and fix the pool and get my bike worked on, in any event.

4 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Any chance you could trash all the snacks you've been eating? Would that help?

Nancy Toby said...

I wish. It's not like I'm raiding the junk food stash - it's just normal food. Soup. Rice cakes. Salads. Just too much of it all.

Good idea though!

Well, there were those few handfuls of Goldfish crackers, but those are Elisabeth's favorite food in the whole world. I can't trash those.

Chris said...

Might I suggest a TiVo? You totally won't miss the Olympics, can workout in peace not worrying about what you're missing on TV, and then you can come back to non-stop Olympic action because you can fast forward through the commercials! It totally rocks! :)

Of course, that doesn't help the snacking thing. If you find a solution to that, though, let me know! I have the same problem here!

Downhillnut said...

I thought so, too, and I'm having the same result as you! I thought that reading about lugers who stand and slide out in biting cold winds in thin lycra suits would motivate me outside, but instead I stayed in last night and watched the Canadian men's hockey team play the Italians.

My heart beat a little faster and I yelled at the t.v. when Anouk what's-her-name made it to the semi-finals in Short Track speed skating - does that count as aerobic activity?