Sunday, January 01, 2006

Those pesky monthly goals

I should be posting today a progress report on my December 2005 goals. Problem is, I don't have all my workout records with me right now. I know that I didn't make a couple of my goals - the weight loss and the long run, for sure. I'll give a definite report in a couple of days, along with my 2005 year-end totals, when I have my spreadsheet in front of me.

My emphasis now is going to shift towards weekly goals (to ensure consistency) and goals for each of four remaining 8-to-13-week macro cycles in my preparations for Ironman Florida. I may still post monthly summaries as well. Or not. But somehow it seems natural to keep track of things on a monthly basis, because, well, the entire rest of the universe does it that way.

3 comments:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'd be lost without my spreadsheet.

The weekly thing seems like a good idea and I will switch to that come marathon training in March but will still track the monthly stuff. Hard to break some habits.

Kewl Nitrox said...

You are a MONSTER - monthly and weekly goals? I am happy to be able to stick to my half year plans. ;)

And the bike is... ravishing, especially in yellow. When you have a bike like that, you are already doing 5km/hr at standstill, so the others don't a chance!

Downhillnut said...

I'm having a hard time motivating myself to set some goals for the whole of 2006. Maybe I'll set a yearly process-type goal of setting and assessing goals on a month-by-month basis.

Oh I like this much better :)