Thursday, January 26, 2006

Arrival in Frostbite Falls

I made it to Frostbite Falls this morning! 1500 meters in the pool put me over the top of my 6000 meter swimming distance goal to make it there for a 6950 meter total so far for the year.

I'm tempted to insert something self-deprecating here about how that was just a small goal, I swam it very slowly, most "real swimmers" can do that distance in one or two swims, but HEY! Cut it out! That was my goal that I set back in December to make sure that I averaged a minimum of 1500 meters per week in the pool for the month of January, and I DID IT! So there!

I'll throw a few logs on the fire and toast some marshmallows and heat up the Maryland crab cakes that I brought to share. How soon will you be arriving?

8 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Congrats on your swim...no small feat getting out the door in winter to head to a pool in the dark with everyone else still sleeping! Yeah for you!

Linda said...

I arrived the end of last week! Let's get together for coffee.

:) said...

Awesome...good for you for meeting your goals!

TriZilla said...

Oh yummy. Between reading about your met goals (Woo hoo!), listening to classical music and thinking about a nice hot fire... That's a great picture. :)

Speaking of motivation. I only swim 2000+ yds if (and only if) the swim team guys show up. :) Talk about guilty pleasures.

Bolder said...

i'm warming up the corporate jet right now...

crab cakes.

yum.

Chris said...

Hey... goals are goals! Congrats for accomplishing what you set out to do. Most folks don't even have the desire to even write down something they'd like to do! The those of mere exercise, sadly, turns most folks off. :/

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Congrats on getting there. I likely won't make it until sometime Sunday afternoon or early evening.

I'm tired tonight and think I will set up camp for the evening.

Lisa said...

That's awesome! I didn't set a Frostbite falls goal, but I still have some time.

I will be there soon... by the end of February at the latest. ;)