Saturday, January 28, 2006

Bad 5K decisions

Whose idea was it to procrastinate on my last 3.5 miles that I was due to complete this week and put it off until Saturday afternoon, after my massive (for me) 29.2-mile bike ride?

Oh, yeah, mine. Duh.

Plus Mean Linae is making me do a 5K time trial. What a creep. I'll fix her! I'll do it on a day I can barely put one foot in front of the other!

12.5 times around the track. That's WAY MORE than a 5K. That's 3.125 miles instead of 3.107 - I ran a whole extra 28 meters!

Splits of 11:21, 11:33, 11:38 (fading really fast), and 1:29 gave me a 5K finishing time of 36:03.

THEN I still had another lap and a half to finish up to make my 3.5 miles. Groan.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

when i procrastinate like that, i usually blame it on the chocolate-dipped ice-cream cone i had. as a matter of fact, i DID have one of those yesterday! did i do my swim? no... i had a 5K race to prepare for! i can't swim the night before a race!

and that's how i live with myself.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

That's a good 5km time. I should do one of those these days on a nice flat area..lol.

Perhaps a good challenge for February. Time a 5km first week and time again at month end. See how you improve.

Sixteen Chickens said...

That's still way faster than me Nancy!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Good running. Keep it up!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

I try

soozey said...

Sounds like a great idea to break up training.

I am confused by tracks, though--which lane do you run in, since the distances are all different? Do you stay in one or change from out to in? Notice how I can't just run, I have to figure out the distance so I can log my times.

Thanks for any info

Nancy Toby said...

Hey, Soozey! Check my next post. :-)

Nancy Toby said...

And Wylee - good thing we're not competing, because you would smoke me in the pool any day, I'm sure!! :-)

Dianne W. said...

I think I can speak for "mean Linae" and say "suck it up, buttercup" on the 5k TT. But, since your 5k time is totally smoking my current PR, I'd better keep quiet! :)