Friday, January 27, 2006

More running in circles

Put in a few miles at the track today at a 10:50 to 10:58 minute per mile pace. I was wondering if today might be a good day to try a few quarter-mile repeats. It wasn't. I almost blew chow after the first one. That was so much fun I walked a while and then tried another. That was enough to make me decide that I'd had quite enough! They both came in at 2:11. Not at my PR for a lap around the track (2:06) but close enough for today. I wonder if I'll be able to run a sub-9:00 mile this year? Ever? Ah, no, it's not a concrete goal, because I'd have to actually train for it if it were a concrete goal, right?

5 comments:

Steven said...

Sub-9 is very do-able for you. And I'll bet by IM Florida time you are running them consistently.
Just keep at it, and doing track repeats will help you get there.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'm starting to like running in circles

Vickie said...

Nancy, maybe instead try the Yasso 800s. They are longer but you run them slower, to match your marathon pace, or hopefully desired pace. They keep you steady on long runs too. I'm sure you can find the info on the internet somewhere. Keep at it. You're far more motivated about improving your speed than most of us are!

Flo said...

Good job getting to the track. You could run a sub-9!! You have what, 9 months to train. You can do it.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Sounds like you have the same love-hate relationship with intervals that I do.

Maybe you should try a "fartlek" - basically you go for a run and anytime you feel like going fast, you really scream at it and when you feel busted, you slow down and recover. A very European concept! :)