Saturday, January 21, 2006

Running on

Yesterday I did speedwork on the local track - that is, what passes for speedwork at my fitness level, mile repeats at my 5K pace. It was a very unseasonably warm day again (it doesn't look like the Chesapeake will freeze over this winter!) and there were lots of walkers out on the track. They were all going counter-clockwise, so unwisely, I ran all my laps counter-clockwise also. Plus I had to run back and forth around them since nobody seemed to agree on what side of the track to walk on, or whether to just walk several people abreast on the track and block the whole damn thing. So I ended the day taking Advil for a sore knee and a pulled muscle in my left leg.

I needed at least 7 miles to finish up my goal for 10 miles running per week, though, so it was back out again this morning. Down around my favorite neighborhood in Martingham (where I'd love to buy a house one day) and back for 7.3 LSD miles in the logbook. Fortunately I wasn't still sore enough to affect my gait.

Back on the blog, I had to turn on comment verification again, despite Boulder's many appeals to the contrary. 3 or 4 spam comments accumulating per day were really starting to annoy me.

Kewl Nitrox tagged me to post 5 strange facts about myself, but I'm having a tough time thinking up 5. I'm pretty non-strange, I think! Any ideas for me, anyone? I'll work on it.

I'm still debating about those spring marathons. Some folks say yes, some folks say no freakin' way. Flip, flop, flip, flop. Oh well. I can always test my long distance running fitness at the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler in April, but I'm going to have to work really, really hard to break that PR set last April on a cold, windy day.

Off now to our local eastern shore YMCA for their open house to join up so that I can swim in a better pool on the weekends!

For those who are looking for it, the unofficial Goofy Results are now posted here. Thanks again, Joe! And RobbyB!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Haha, i thought u are going to say you can come up with 10 or more strange things. :D