Thursday, January 26, 2006

The incentive plan

I think I need a reward if I'm able to make it into the gym before 6:15. So far that's about the earliest I've managed, which means that even though I get up at 5AM, I dawdle around and drink my coffee and don't get my ASS in gear for a while. Now Bolder recommends a half-pound bar of chocolate, eaten in one sitting, as an incentive. While that does hold certain attractions, I'm not usually hungry for chocolate first thing in the morning.

So this is going to be my incentive. The first time I manage to get into the health club and onto the treadmill or into the pool before their clock reads 5:45AM, I get a treat. My reward will be to stop at McDonalds for one of these on the way home. I love their sausage and egg biscuits, but I don't often allow myself to get them. 500 calories and 32 grams of fat apiece -- that's precisely why they're so yummy.

I'll let you know if it happens.

17 comments:

Joyce said...

i need some kinda incentive plan! i tried to get up at 6 this morning and it just wasnt happening :(

TriZilla said...

Oy. That's some incentive. :)

Personally, I love the ham, cheese and egg.

Oh man, my mouth is watering now!

Flo said...

OOOHHHH, their sausage muffin with egg, yummmmm!!! I pass 2 McD's on the way to work, I hope I don't succumb.

Nancy Toby said...

But Brian, it's only a real treat if it's the BAD stuff!! :-)

Vickie said...

I'm all for incentives. Been doing that lately too to get up and get going every day. Treats work. Isn't that how they train show dogs too??

:) said...

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!!!!

Do you think they will have a McDonalds on the run course at IMFL??? I don't think so!

Repeat it with me: "Ronald is the devil!"

Just a friendly little reminder...you only have 281 days left to train!!!!

Nancy Toby said...

281 and NINETEEN HOURS. :-)

I'll bet they'll have one on the bike course....

Nancy Toby said...

I know people who have gone to McDonalds or Starbucks during marathons and half marathons, but not triathlons... I may be the first! ;-)

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Now THAT is incentive. A treat is a treat, not a compromise. Go for it!

Vickie said...

I have some friends here who tried to go to McDonalds drive through on bikes and they wouldn't serve them! Maybe you can put a couple in your special needs bag instead?

Nancy Toby said...

Damn.

I'd be afraid of food poisoning in my special needs bag! I may have to re-think this.... :-(

Bolder said...

i watched 'Supersize Me', and it just made me want to go to McDonald's more...

Egg McMuffin

yum.

Nancy Toby said...

Heh, this is like some friends of mine on an email list were listing all the zillions of foods they hated and wouldn't eat. It just made me hungry hearing about all those great foods, since I like everything!

TriDaddy said...

I agree with Bolder... after seeing the flick I wanted some. Anyway, that guy was such a wimp getting sick on a double 1/4 pounder.

Nancy Toby said...

LOL! I haven't seen the flick, but a double quarter pounder is an appetizer. :-)

Nancy Toby said...

Vomiting lunch. I just can't wait to see it. NOT!

Unknown said...

supersize me changed my life and how i look at what i'm putting in to my body.

ever notice that the commercials that mcdonalds has features skinny beautiful people and not the real people that eat their food on a continuous basis... you know, bad hair, bad skin, overweight, look miserable?

they ought to be sued by the truth in advertising foundation.